This creamy cocktail is a classic New Orleans drink. It was made popular by the Brennan family, which the family “claims”. If you love eggnog, you will love this drink! It’s the perfect drink to have for your holiday parties. It’s so creamy and sweet!! You don’t have to follow the recipe to a tea. You can swap out the brandy for bourbon – another New Orleans staple.
But this cocktail is not just for the holidays! You can have it year around. Many New Orleanians enjoy this creamy cocktail for Sunday morning brunch. It is not too strong like the classic Bloody Mary but soothing. P.S. I am not a fan of Bloody Mary. I just can’t get into it.
This punch is so easy to make and only requires five ingredients: brandy, full fat coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. You combine the milk, brandy, sugar and vanilla in a cocktail shaker. Then, you pour it over ice and sprinkle nutmeg on top. It’s not required but I rimmed my glasses with cane sugar. So good!!
Let me know if you try this cocktail and hashtag #freshcreole on social media!
- 1 oz. brandy
- 1 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp. of cane sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Nutmeg to garnish
- Combine brandy, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds and pour over ice.
- Garnish your drink with nutmeg and enjoy!
- Some recipes call for 2 oz. of brandy. However, I prefer this drink to not be too strong.